I pray...

This beautiful poem had won the first place in ramadhan poem competition.


I pray...

As the sun glides over the horizon,
Towards the West, following the course set,
By He who was not begotten, nor does he beget.
My stomach yearns with hunger,
Alongside my unquenchable thirst.
As time drags on, my thoughts, they burst
Into unsaid prayers that are constantly on my mind;
They surround me, up, down and behind.

For it is reported our beloved Prophet did say,
The prayers of the fasting will be answered one day.
So as I sit all alone in my domain,
I ask my only Sustainer to remove the pain,
My brothers endure in far off lands,
Defending our sisters, blood dripping from their hands.
To help this Ummah regain her might.
To honour me as a martyr by dying in fight.

Ya Rabb! I pray to attain Summaiyah’s strength,
To hold steadfast whilst suffering at great length.
To be fearless and stand tall in the face of a foe,
Just like Umm Imarah, at Uhud, long ago.

I beg to emulate A’isha in speech and mind,
To be learned in fiqh so as to help mankind.
I supplicate to the Lord above!
Bless me with Asma’s care and love.



I pray that I am at ease on that Day,
When kinship and ties are washed away.
That I will be handed my deeds on the right,
That out of me radiates a pure light.
Accept these sincere words and tears,
That stem from my hope and many fears.

Let me strive for You through thick and thin,
And show the World that Islam will win.
I yearn to be a reviver of Your State,
Making Your Word supreme, before it’s too late.

Let me not be in ignorance when I die,
But rather, like Fatima ascend with angels in the sky.
And attain the Garden with pleasures everlasting,
Entering through Ar-Raiyan, the gate of the fasting.

Comments

Popular Posts